South Africa Visa Requirements for New Zealand Citizens
South African Tourism has announced that as of 16 January 2017 New Zealand passport holders will require a visa to travel to South Africa.
Q: How do I apply for my South African visa?
A: From New Zealand:
From 14 February 2017, the South African High Commission in New Zealand launched two South Africa Visa Application Centres in Auckland and Wellington. Run by VFS Global, the centres will be responsible for receiving all applications, with a visa processing fee of NZ$95 plus a service fee of NZ$86, payable by EFTPOS, Credit Card or Debit Card.
Canberra: New Zealand passport holders in Australia do not have to travel to New Zealand and can apply for visas at the South African High Commission in Canberra, they need only present a bill from their municipality or telephone account indicating their residence in Australia. Those in other countries can also submit their applications at the nearest South African Embassy, High Commission or local VFS VAC. For more information consult the South African High Commission in Canberra [Tel: +61 2 6272 7300] or email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Perth: Effective 16 October 2017, visa applications or passport holders who require a visa to travel to South Africa for vacation and/or business, can lodge their visa applications at the South African Honorary Consulate in West Perth. Visa applications and supporting documents will be checked and signed off by WA-basd consular staff and then forwarded to the South African High Commission in Canberra for processing. This will take up to 10 working days. Full details can be accessed on the SA Consulate (WA) website, www.saconsulwa.com.
The consulate is located at:
Outram Centre (Corner Hay & Outram Sts)
Suite 9, Level 1, 1297 Hay Street
West Perth WA 6005
For more information on services visit https://www.saconsulwa.com/
Q: How long does the visa process take?
A: Turnaround time for visa issuance is approximately between five and ten working days and this entails;
- applicants submitting their applications in person;
- meeting the requirements as detailed on the Department of Home Affairs website i.e. visa application, valid passport, ticket or itinerary for travel, bank statements and any other document required at the time of application. Please visit dha.gov.za for more details on documents required to apply for a South African visa.
Further Information for South Africa Visa Requirements for New Zealand Citizens
- Any further queries regarding turnaround times of visa applications can be directed to Mr David Jordaan, one of the managers in the mission in Wellington who can be contacted at JordaanD@dirco.gov.za.
- If transiting through OR Tambo International Airport, Lanseria, Cape Town or King Shaka airports, New Zealand nationals do not need transit visas, but if transiting through other ports, transit visas are required.
- For more information the South African High Commission in Wellington, New Zealand can be contacted.
- Any telephone enquiries on consular matters will be taken on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 09h00 and 12h00 (midday). Please however note that no telephone calls with regard to consular matters will be taken on any other day or outside these hours. The telephone number to use is + 64 4 815 8484.
- The South African High Commission in New Zealand, situated on Level 7, State Insurance Tower, 1 Willis Street, Wellington, can also be contacted via email using the email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on South Africa visa requirements for New Zealand citizens please email us on email@example.com